Thursday, December 4, 2014

12 Tags of Christmas with a Feminine Twist Challenge

Hello dear readers,

I'm back with another creation: This time it's a very posh, golden card created from a tag.

Believe it or not, I was inspired by Jennifer McGuire's tag (you can see it on the Ellen Hudson's 12 Tags of Christmas page here). I know my tag/card looks completely different, but I swear, I watched Jennifer's video and went straight away to my crafting table and this came out:


As you can see, tons of golden embossing powder (I guess I need a new jar soon after this project), second generation stamping with this lovely scripty background stamp (to make my black ink look a little more grayish - I don't have gray ink...). I have colored my tag completely black (it was originally of a cream color) and heat embossed the ring around the hole, as well as the sentiment, in gold. To finish the card, I added some natural twine (folded it a few times to get more strings) and looped it through the hole in my tag.

And of course the tag is raised up a little with dimensional adhesive to be the center point of the card!

Btw: I totally cheated with the card stock here! I don't have a die cut machine, so I bought this intricate butterfly cream color cardstock, and just dipped it all in gold embossing powder. To 'pop' it up from the cream colored back of the card, I just lined the whole card base with black card stock. I think it looks great!

I hope you like this posh new creation of mine - see you soon!
Steph

12

2 comments:

Most Popular Posts @CraftedBySteph