Wednesday, May 13, 2015

I love stencils!

Welcome back,

Today I would like to share another favorite technique of mine:  
working with stencils!

I loved stencils ever since I was a child, because they give you the precise outlines without being a particularly gifted painter - yet it always looks perfectly hand-drawn or hand made.
What an awesome product!! = )

What I particularly like when using stencils for backgrounds is the fact that you can really go wild and essentially create your own patterned paper - only custom made!

This is exactly what I've been doing for this card here: The intention was to create a very powerful background, yet combined with a little bit of green to "ground" my little fury friend without any extra fuzz. 
I'm a great fan of Simon Says' stencils and that's why I would like to dedicate this card to the latest "Simon Exclusives Challenge". 

Material's used:
- SSS stencil
- Stacey Yacula stamps (Purple Onion Designs)
- Ranger Distress Inks (barn door, wild honey, shabby shutters) 
- Watercolor pencils (for the bunny, check out how I drew the fur, I'm so proud of the result)
- Wink of stellar (inside of the ears)
- Glossy accents (on the flower)

Happy crafting & see you again soon!
Yours, Steph

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog

1 comment:

  1. Hi Steph ;o) This card is so adorable!!! I love how you coloured that sweet little bunny!!! You said you love stencils. Are you joining the OnlineCardClass "Maskerade"?

    ReplyDelete

Most Popular Posts @CraftedBySteph